Before any cosmetic surgical procedure, capsule you should become educated about the risks and weigh them carefully against the benefits you hope to achieve.
You will recover more quickly if you are in good health, so enjoy a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise. BUT—You should avoid bench press, sale fly, push-ups, or other exercises that work the pectoral muscles for about a month before your surgery. And you should step up the abdominal exercises, because you’ll use these muscles a lot in the days following your surgery.
If you are a smoker, stop smoking at least four to six weeks before your surgery! Smoking crowds out the oxygen in your blood and inhibits healing.
Your surgeon may recommend having a baseline mammogram prior to surgery, especially if you are over 35 years old, and one to follow up a few months later. This will provide a basis for comparison so any future changes in breast tissue can be more easily identified. (NOTE: You will still be able to perform breast self-examination following breast augmentation surgery.)
- Because aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs can cause increased bleeding, you should not use these medications for several weeks before surgery.
- Drink at least a gallon of water every day for several days prior to your surgery.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours before your surgery.
- Remove all jewelry (including that in any piercings) before going to the surgery center.
- If you’re having your period close to the time of your surgery, let your surgeon know. Find out if you should use a sanitary pad instead of a tampon on the day of surgery if you’re on your period.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes to your surgery: a loose top that buttons or zips up the front, jogging pants or other loose-fitting pants with an elastic waistband, slip-on shoes—easy on, easy off types of apparel.
Breast augmentation surgery is often performed on an outpatient basis. Have someone accompany you to the surgery center or hospital and drive you home. Someone should also stay with you for at least one night following your surgery, preferably two.
Dr. Lyle Delivers Expert Advice to Patients via Information Exchange Website and Forum BreastAugmentation.com Prominent breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Lyle has joined BreastAugmentation.com as an expert consultant in breast augmentation, reconstruction and body contouring. Dr. Lyle is a renowned breast augmentation specialist who concentrates…
After more than two years of designing and construction, unhealthy Dr. Paul Vitenas is excited to announce the opening of Houston’s Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique. The first of its kind in any city, Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique offers premium aesthetic services in a stunning, state-of-the-art…
While many patients choose a breast augmentation procedure to enhance and improve their appearance, some undergo surgery to restore what was lost in a mastectomy due to cancer. Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day, or BRA Day, occurs annually in October and is an initiative designed to…